Brewing and reviewing since 2012.
Another AC Beerfest is in the books, and I got my key to Forgotten Boardwalk while I was there. Also, mosh pits at a beerfest are a fantastic idea, as I learned. Cheers!
1) Sierra Nevada announced their tour dates for Beer Camp Across America – and they’re coming to Philly! $65 is a steep price tag, but just look at who’s pouring there. *Insert Homer drooling*
2) Some dark and terrible days are coming for Florida. A bill that would require brewers to sell their beer to a distributor TO THEN BUY BACK AND SELL AT THE BREWERY has passed the state senate. Hey, Cigar City, if you want to move your operations somewhere else, NJ has been doing a great job of helping brewers out recently.
3) Stone is introducing a saison that I’m sure would have been great, but they couldn’t leave well enough alone. They added habanero to it. I want refreshingness (totally a word) from my saisons, dammit.
4) The guys from New Belgium did a pretty awesome AMA on /r/homebrewing this week. They even listed out the ingredients for Fat Tire to engineer a recipe from, so it’s only a matter of time before someone gets the exact clone done.
5) The FDA listened to the outcry from brewers over proposed animal feed regulations and will clarify the language in a new proposal on “manufacturing, processing, packing, and holding of animal food.”
Beerstagram of the Week