Brewing and reviewing since 2012.
The festive time of year is finally upon us. It’s time to slow down, relax, and enjoy some good company, food, and drink with those people we give a damn about. Happy holidays, and thank you for reading!
1) Ever wonder how your state got it’s alcohol fix during Prohibition? This map should answer that question.
2) The fight to preserve Reinheitsgebot is alive in Germany with this push to have it added to the UNESCO World Heritage list. Personally I think restricting ingredients holds back progression, but I do see the importance of at least recognizing that Reinheitsgebot played an major role in beer history.
3) More gift guides are out, including this one from BierBattered, this one from In Search of Beer, and this from Head over Beers.
4) Mark your calendars now, here’s a big list of beer events going down in New Jersey in 2014.
5) Everyone’s (okay my) favorite link of the 5@5 – shameless self promotion! The past couple weekends were a brewtiful disaster.
Beerstagram of the Week – It’s ugly sweater time!
Cheers, and enjoy the holidays!
Das Ale Haus on Facebook and Instagram