Brewing and reviewing since 2012.
Another AC Beerfest is in the books, and I got my key to Forgotten Boardwalk while I was there. Also, mosh pits at a beerfest are a fantastic idea, as I learned. Cheers!
1) Sierra Nevada announced their tour dates for Beer Camp Across America – and they’re coming to Philly! $65 is a steep price tag, but just look at who’s pouring there. *Insert Homer drooling*
2) Some dark and terrible days are coming for Florida. A bill that would require brewers to sell their beer to a distributor TO THEN BUY BACK AND SELL AT THE BREWERY has passed the state senate. Hey, Cigar City, if you want to move your operations somewhere else, NJ has been doing a great job of helping brewers out recently.
3) Stone is introducing a saison that I’m sure would have been great, but they couldn’t leave well enough alone. They added habanero to it. I want refreshingness (totally a word) from my saisons, dammit.
4) The guys from New Belgium did a pretty awesome AMA on /r/homebrewing this week. They even listed out the ingredients for Fat Tire to engineer a recipe from, so it’s only a matter of time before someone gets the exact clone done.
5) The FDA listened to the outcry from brewers over proposed animal feed regulations and will clarify the language in a new proposal on “manufacturing, processing, packing, and holding of animal food.”
Beerstagram of the Week
Das Ale Haus on Facebook
#5 is pretty worrying, partly because it shows a startling lack of brewery understanding on the part of the FDA. Anyone who has brewed (even a five gallon batch) knows how much grain is left over when the wort is finished. If they get any legislature through it’s going to cost brewers more to kiln dry spent grain, the cost of which will be passed along to consumers and already financially hobbled farmers. It’s bad news man, bad news!
Horrible news, but it looks like they’ll actually listen to the industry they’re trying to regulate this time. There’s only so much spent grain bread and cookies that can be made. Buy a 6 pack, get cookies free!
Look for lots more joint brewery/bakeries in the near future.
Reblogged this on Wish Experiences and commented:
A great post from Das Ale House. Difficult to swallow this news about Florida beer legislation, but good news from the FDA, so we’ll take the good with the bad… And as for the habanero, well, Trish is absolutely mad for chili of all sorts, so it may well be there’s a market for it.
I must tell you that it’s hard to find your articles in google,
i found this one on 13 spot, you should build some quality backlinks in order to rank your webiste, i know how to help
you, just search in google – k2 seo tips and tricks