Brewing and reviewing since 2012.
Two great events are going down today, Friday, to start the weekend. Over at Joe Canal’s West Deptford is Divide and Bacher, a dueling tap takeover featuring, you guessed it, Great Divide and Weyerbacher. Round 1 was last night at the Pour House, and they’re finishing it off at Canal’s today. Bobkat Liquors in regular Deptford is celebrating the second birthday of their growler station with giveaways, discounts, and a solid tap list, so be sure to check them out if you’re in the area. Cheers!
1) I had a good conversation with Mike Langone of Hopbox this week, they’re doing some pretty cool things for homebrewing there. They’ve built a small, attractive brew kit for people who are looking to get started brewing or are just limited on space. Their kickstarter funded, so it’s full boil ahead for them.
2) The Alchemist is looking to expand to Stowe! That’s really all you need to know.
3) Cantillon apparently ages beer in a bomb shelter, with plans to keep beer for up to 30 years to see how it holds up and changes. Check out Drink Belgian Beer for some jealousy inducing photos.
4) Gizmodo and Six Point have done the most Brooklyn thing ever and teamed up to brew a beer with a hop you’ve never heard of before. In their first post about the beer brewed with it, Hop Tech 431, they take a look at how the hop, or any new varietal, came to be. It’s an interesting behind the scenes peek at hop growing.
5) Next week is American Craft Beer Week, and CraftBeer.com has a round up of goings ons across the country. Looks like Hanson is trying to avoid being a one-hit wonder in a second industry, as they’re backing up last year’s launch of mmmHops (I like the name, shut up) with a beer and music festival in Oklahoma.
Instagram of the Week – Troegs Porn