Brewing and reviewing since 2012.
Here’s this week’s news round up for the weekend in the 5 at 5. Cheers!
1) Untappd, the most used app on my phone, has released new core badges. Get to drinking!
2) An 11 year old won a competition through the National Center for Earth and Space Science Education by designing an experiment to brew beer in space. Astronauts will brew a batch in orbit and he’ll brew a batch down here. Not word how an 11 year old will compare notes, though.
3) A whole lot of breweries are slated to open in the Philly area soon. I’ve avoided beating the dead horse that is the “craft beer bubble,” but this is a prime example of it. Hopefully they all make it, but I have a feeling that won’t be the case.
4) This week in the government shutdown hurting craft beer: Heavy Seas (which is suddenly all over NJ) has a new labeling machine that requires a different size label. Because even a dimensional change requires TTB approval, they’ve got millions of dollars in equipment collecting dust.
5) NPR takes a look at how beer and food complement each other, with recipes included.
Have something for next week? Let me know!
Beerstagram of the Week – Oregon’s Finest:
Das Ale Haus is on Facebook!